CHEDWORTH

The design gives a nod to Chedworth Villa which has several impressive Roman mosaics. On the left of the sign is Elizabeth of York as featured in stained glass at St Andrew’s Church, whilst on the right is Sgt Frederick J. (aka Jack) Lawrence sitting on a traction engine. Sgt. Lawrence was born in Chedworth in 1886 & was the first person to have electricity in the village.